Engraving Information |
Turkey Hunting Tips-5 Guidelines To Coax In A Timid Tom - Outdoors - HuntingTurkey Hunting Tips-5 Guidelines To Coax In A Timid Tom by Keith Cantelmo
in Outdoors / Hunting (submitted 2011-03-17)
Turkey hunting is an awesome, exhilarating and often challenging experience. However, once you give it a try, I'm willing to bet that you will be hooked.
Before you can begin, you have to do some homework. you have to find a good location to hunt. This can be a bit more involved than you may think. Finding the right area is just the beginning. Once you do, you may have to get permission to hunt there.
Once that is complete, you then have to scout this area to find the roost. Mark several locations on a map, this will help you to move around quickly should you decide to change hunting locations.
Next, consider the turkey hunting supplies you will need. You will need camouflage, a shotgun and ammo, a hunting vest and calls. Once you have everything, then it's time to head out into the field. To help you increase your chances of success use these 5 turkey hunting tips.
1. Don't Get Too Close To The Roost- This is a common mistake by many turkey hunters. You are excited, your heading out before sunup and your trying to get as close as possible so you have the best position when these toms come off the roost. Getting too close is going to end your day quicker than a unexpected rain storm. The best distance from the roost is about 100-150 yards. This should get you close enough without scaring them off the roost.
2. Talk Softly- When you are catching the turkeys just coming off the roost, start your calling with some soft clucks or yelps. Think about it like this, if you are like most people, you hate loud noises when you first wake up. The same can be said for the toms coming off the roost. If you start off aggressively with your calls, you could scare them away.
3. Make Some Scratches- This is very effective if you are trying to coax in a timid tom. Scratch some leaves with your hand. This imitates the sound a hen makes when she's feeding. If that tom is just out of read, this should get him to come a bit closer to find the hen.
4. Don't Shoot A Strutting Tom- The best shot for you will be once the gobbler comes out of his strut. When he does he will extend his neck and look around. This will provide you will a large enough target area for an ethical shot.
5. Have Patience- This is another common mistake made by novice and experienced turkey hunters alike. Sometimes these gobblers can be quite frustrating. It seems like forever to get them to come close, even when you can hear them calling off in the distance. When you think you can't wait any longer and you want to pack up and head to another location, sit tight for another 15-30 minutes. It may take some time for that gobbler to come and investigate your calls. Having extra patience to let him get there, will help you fill your tag more often than you might think.
Using these turkey hunting tips will help to keep you one gobble ahead of your tom. After filling your first tag, it's almost certain that you will catch turkey hunting fever. For more information about how to hunt turkeys, visit my website.
6 Reasons Why Gun Locks Arent A Guide to Medieval Weapons A Look at the Weapons of Medieval A look at some Unique and Unusual Air Soft Guns Everything You Need Airsoft Guns Yes Airsoft Guns And The Technology Alaska Hunting Guide Alfa Weapons Co Your Online Store All About Hunting Guides Hobbies BB Gun Safety Tips BB Guns and Safety Issues BB Guns and Safety Measures Sports Battlefield 3 Weapons List Big Guns Of The Boer Bullet Proof Buildings Society Social Issues Bullet Proof Seduction gets reviewed Buy Martial Arts Weapons for Learning Canned Hunts Sports Afoul Characteristics of a Good Gun Potato Cheap Paintball Gun Avoidable Mistakes Cod Black Ops Weapons Concealable Bullet Proof Vests Criminal Law Are Gun Related Does Nuclear Power Lead Early Season Bow Hunting Tips Electric Airsoft Guns V S Spring Forex Bullet Proof Forum Finance Front Sight Weapons Training Getting Started With Halo Reach Group of Airsoft guns base on the authority Gun Control issue todays hottest History of game hunts Outdoors Hunting How Bullet Resistant Glass Works How Successful Is Magic Bullet System How To Host A Scavenger How To Shop For Airsoft How to Build a Mechanical How to Coyote Hunt How to Create and Use an Internet How to Use a Bulleted List Hunting and Fishing Advertising Display Infamous Canned Hunting Reasons Is Bullet Proof Resistant Glass Is a Bullet Resistant Vest Is a Bullet Resistant Vest the same Jenny Kissed Me by Leigh Real Life Lessons in Writing Responsible Gun Storage by Finding the Best Reviews of Top Three Royal Enfield Bullet Multifunction Safe Gun Storage at Home Self Defense Weapons Soviet Scalar Electromagnetic Directed Sportsman Hunting Club Great Information Highway Sportsman Hunting Club Great Information Highway Spot and Stalk Deer Hunting The Ability of Bullet Resistant Glass The Best Airsoft Guns Is it the Cheapest The Best Weapon For You The Black Ops 2 Forum The Evolution of Man The History The Guide to Halo The Hunting Retriever Club The Painful Experiences of an Affiliate The Scoop on Bullet Sizes The Truth About Personal Things To Consider Before Buying a Bullet Top 3 Reasons You Should Training With Martial Arts Try Out the Particular Magic Bullet Turkey Hunting Tips 5 Guidelines Vibrators What Is a Bullet Vibrator Weapon Safety Meetings Is It For Everyone Weapons Of Influence 3 Powerful Whitetail Deer Hunting Gear Outdoors Who Needs a Bullet Why ItS Possible To Save Money Your Hunting Questions Answered Sports weapons in runescape Entertainment Humor
All rights reserved
Copyright © 2013 Linden Awards